The theatre is pitch black, and my friend and I are the only ones in the entire theatre. Immediately, we regret our decision to see it. We take seats in the back (in case a quick exit is needed) and try to calm ourselves. A minute goes by and eery music starts and "House At the End of the Street" appears on the screen in creepy lettering.
That's when we lost it.
Before the movie had even started, we were out of there. We sprinted out of the theatre and into the one closest to it, which is why today, I'll be reviewing "Pitch Perfect," one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.
I didn't think he was that good looking at first, but by the end of the movie I was like, "OH MY GOSH YOU ARE INSANELY ATTRACTIVE, I'M GOING TO STALK YOU NOW!" (which I've done successfuly ONLINE, not at his house or anything...)
Anyway, I am SO glad I saw this movie. I've seen it three more times since then, and it's amazing every time.
To sum it up in a sentence or two:
Pitch Perfect is about a college female acapella group (who are really good!) trying to win finals after they lost the year before because one of the members of the group threw up everywhere on stage (which was HILARIOUS!). The main character is being pushed by her father to go to this college, when she really just wants to go to LA to become a DJ. She ends up joining this group once a member finds out she can sing. There's obviously a lot more to it than that, including my favorite character Fat Amy (Rebel Wilson) who is AMAZING in this movie...
Like I said before, I didn't plan on seeing this movie. I didn't want to see it when I first heard about it. I didn't think it sounded like a good plot (and in case you're one of those people, like me, that always enjoy a little bit of romance in their movies, there is some! :P) but it is fabulous.
This movie is geared mainly toward teenage girls, but I think it would be a good movie for young couples, because there wouldn't be any awkwardness, and there are some parts a guy might laugh at (the barfing scenes...). Overall, I'd give Pitch Perfect five stars. I loved the plot, the cast, everything about it.
Has anyone seen Pitch Perfect or wants to? What did you think?
Also, I've won an award, keep reading if you'd like! :)
1. Link back to the person who nominated you (done!)
2. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- I just got a new header and button, courtesy of Youtopia Blog Design!
- I'm a contributor on Blog For Joy.
- My favorite color is perriwinkle, despite the fact that my blog is called A Purple Sky... I thought A Perriwinkle Sky sounded kinda strange, and it doesn't happen too often...
- My favorite movie is Dear John.
- My favorite book is Delirium by Lauren Oliver (check out my recent post on it here!).
- My favorite song (currently) is Cemetery Drive by My Chemical Romance (which I mentioned briefly in my last post).
- I hope to visit Italy, Australia, California, France, and Germany one day.
- I want to see My Chemical Romance, One Direction, Christina Aguilera, Maroon 5, Linkin Park, and Bullet for my Valentine live in concert one day.
- I've been to two concerts in my life... the Cheetah Girls when I was really young (:D) and the American Idol Live! Tour (the year Scotty McHottie (McCreery) won!
- I have a Pinterest, Instagram, and Bloglovin (click the buttons on the right to follow!) :)
- I hate Mondays.
- (just for the heck of it...) I'm making a Bucket List page for this blog!
3. Answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
Do you like to cook?
if its dessert, yes. If its brusselsprouts, no.
Ever done a DIY project before?
yeah! many! :)
Favorite TV show?
Pretty Little Liars all the way!
lip gloss or foundation!
Most expensive thing you've bought?
my iPod or phone!
mac or pc?
long hair or short?
when I got lost in Disneyworld... :P
something you've always wanted to do?
travel the world!
you're stuck on a deserted island. What three beauty products do you have with you?
I probably wouldn't be too worried about looking awesome, but I'd need soap, deodorant, and a brush!
4. Come up with 11 questions to ask the 11 people you nominate
- What's the scariest thing you've ever done?
- What are your dreams for the future?
- Name three things on your bucket list.
- What's your middle name? Do you like it?
- If there was one thing you could change about yourself, what would it be?
- How do you normally spend your weekends?
- Have you ever been to a concert? Who's was it?
- What's your favorite book?
- What was the last dream you remember?
So, anyone that wants this, please take it. Let me know if you post it on your blog, and even if you don't, answer a couple of my questions in the comments, I'm eager to hear more about my amazing followers! :)
Thanks for reading!